The below information is for parents or grandparents whom may be experiencing financial hardship.


  • an eligible grandparent getting an income support payment
  • transitioning from certain income support payments to work
  • experiencing temporary financial hardship.

Who can apply:

The Grandparents Subsidy --> Click here

Transition to Work Subsidy --> Click here

The Temporary Financial Hardship Subsidy --> Click here

How to Apply:

You will need to apply for the Additional Child Care Subsidy through Services Australia's website for instructions on how to apply.

For more information relating to Additional Child Care Subsidy please visit: